Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A School Story

What you would have overheard outside of Little Brat's new Kindergarten classroom this morning:

Me: Oh look. A wish Tree.

Hubby: What's a wish tree?

Me: The teacher writes a bunch of things on leaves that she needs for the classroom, and if you can send it in, you take the leaf with you. See, she has a couple that say 'googly eyes' and 'paper plates' and so on.

Hubby: Hey, would you look at that. There's one that says yarn.

Me: Huh.... Interesting.

Hubby: You have extra yarn.

Me: ........

Hubby: You have extra yarn, right?

Me: Define 'extra'.

Hubby: You're bringing in some yarn. You have lots of it.

Me: That depends on what you consider 'lots'.

Hubby: I consider what you have 'lots'.

Me: I think I may have some googly eyes somewhere.

Hubby: Here, I took the leaf. Now you have to bring some. Hah.

Little Brat: What's that leaf, Mom?

Me: It's the beginning of the end for Daddy, dear.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nichole R. said...

Beginning of the end is right! Might be time for sopme Red Heart shopping...

11:31 a.m.  
Blogger noricum said...

Hubby's so mean! Well, for what the teacher is probably using it for, leftovers from past projects will probably be fine. Or Red Heart.

11:38 a.m.  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

I understand. I have actually stored some of my yarn in our garage (a nice safe spot) because I just don't have room for all of it in my sewing room. And I have no "extra" yarn.

2:06 p.m.  
Blogger karen said...

How dare he!!
(Make up a 'power saw' leaf)

4:22 p.m.  
Blogger Andi said...

Boo to the Hubby! Yarnsters Unite! Let's picket the Hubby like we're in a union or something... Boycott the Volunteer De-Stasher!! Boo!

8:44 p.m.  
Blogger Andi said...

"Take Back the Leaf"
"Pick Another Leaf"
"Take Back the Leaf"
"Pick Another Leaf"

8:46 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Tell your hubby just where he can shove that yarn leaf! Send the googly eyes!

12:34 a.m.  
Anonymous Lorraine said...

I have so missed your sense of humor while you were gone. Glad to have you back. And, yep, send the googly eyes.

6:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home