Friday, September 15, 2006

Survivor: Cook Islands

I know ya'll want me to list who my favs are, and pick apart the players I hate. Don't worry. I will. You KNOW I will. But it's too soon. I still have to form some opinions about the newest castaways.

But until then, I do have one thing to say about Survivor: Cook Islands....

What? WHAT?! Are they serious? Race wars? RACE wars?????

Don't get me wrong. I think it's funny. Hilarious, actually. And I'll be watching obsessively. But RACE WARS?

What other show on the entire television planet, besides maybe OZ, could get away with race wars? Is Jeff Probst some sort of a wizard? How can he host a reality TV show in which comments like "That shelter is so Ghetto," and " Here's to the Whities," are uttered and not have scandal dripping off of him? Ooozing.

I think Jeff may be my new hero.

Speaking of Jeff, do you ever wonder how he prepares for the show? You know, like memorizing everyone's name and all that? Do you think he sits around his living room in boxer shorts and sports socks, eating cheesecake and drinking beer while going over photos? Or maybe he has a coach that drills him and beats him if he gets a name wrong. And maybe that job of Jeff-beater is open? Or maybe he's not actually human, and all of the info is just programmed into his head like a big walking MP3 player. Maybe.

Stay tuned, dear friends. I will definitely be picking apart this show. And if it doesn't turn into an all out war requiring UN troops, I will be seriously disappointed.

11 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Theres been a bit of controversy about it here in the states.
I couldn't believe some of the stuff that was being said in the previews for next week!

2:18 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

The whole race thing is so silly, Tara. Of course the concept was adopted to generate controvercy and ratings which makes it all the worse that people are buying into the strategy. It's just a tv show!

3:56 PM  
Blogger karen said...

aww. I don't know anything about that show.
Left out again. sigh.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I only ever watched a few Survivor seasons, but once the Outback season was over & Colby was gone, I really didn't see any reason to continue. ;o)
Race wars, huh? I heard about that & actually assumed it was a joke. They must be really scrambling for ideas.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Duchess said...

We are Survivor fans and with only 5 in each "tribe", I don't think it will be long before they do some kind of merge.

Also, dividing the cast in races is a very unique techinque to get more people to watch and see what is going on. I think its a good strategy, but time will tell.

I don't have a favorite yet either!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I really don't know how the whole season is going to play out, but it does look interesting? Is that the right word? Oh well, I wanted to let you know that you are my new renter. So, welcome!!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

Sorry ya lost me at the Survivor part LOL ... now the yarn part I understand. Just not the purple turkeys thing but apparently I'm not supposed to understand that ROFL

Congrats on the job. Wish I could find a small one right now!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Yeah, what Utenzi said...how does Jeff always know everything? He always seems to ask the most touchy questions during tribal council. Does he review all that video or what? Only Jeff knows.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Ahhh, a girl after my own heart: sharing my love of coffee, crochet and Survivor.

I found you through Unexplored Territory.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Well, it must not have worked with me! I alwasy watch Survivor and I didn't even know the season had started already!! LOL... guess they should have thought of something better to get my attention.
Darn, I missed the first episode. POOH.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I don't think the race thing is any big deal. The first show sure didn't have any controversy.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home