Wednesday, September 20, 2006

This is the Title to This Post

I'm far too tired this morning to be my witty, charming self. But I'll try. For all of you.

We had company last night in the form of my sister in law and her friend from England, and they stayed until fairly late. They've been tromping through Southern Ontario and a few northern states for food that is apparently hard to get in England. Like Fruit Loops. What a shame. And elk burgers. Of course, I don't know that I would consider elk meat to be a staple of anyone else I know in North America, but my sissy in law is a little different.

Before they came over (fairly late, because sissy in law has also NEVER been on time for ANYTHING since I've known her), I asked my alleged husband if he could please, please PLEASE PLEEEEEAAAASE talk in a British accent the whole time. Just to prove his love for me. I don't know why, but he said no. I know, KNOW, that if he ran into a pirate, he would talk pirate with them. I guess he doesn't love me as much as I thought.

In retaliation, I asked him if we ever have a baby boy (ya, no more kids, thank you very much), if we can name him Ryan. After reminding me that I don't want more kids, he asked me why. I told him that if you change around the letters in Ryan, you can spell yarn.

I may have to pay for that later.

The dinner was surprisingly good. Surprising because my alleged husband made it. He was always a good cook, for years. And he loved it. Hell, it was why I married him. I figured I would have at least a PART of that chore done for me. Sometimes. But no. Since we've moved away from Alberta, he's cooked about 3 times. And it's things like fried eggs and canned corned beef hash. What a guy.

But, he had no choice last night since I had to work. At the Dollarama. I gotta tell ya'll....I am ROCKING the Dollarama. My boss was telling me last night how GREAT I am and how when the new manager comes in the next week, he's planning on telling her to accommodate me however she needs to because I am somebody she definitely wants on her staff. Tee hee. Aw shucks. To be fair, it's not exactly a rocket science kind of job. It's probably the easiest job I've ever had. And I used to tie mylar balloons onto plastic sticks for a job. You know, those balloons above the Walmart checkout counters, with all the cartoon characters. Seriously. That's a real job. How do you think all those balloons get onto the sticks? People tie them. I got five cents a balloon.

But I like Dollarama more. It's very friendly, too. I hate jobs that don't let me talk. I'm not just loquacious on the internet, folks, I talk this much in real life, too.

So, I stayed up too late. And now I need to suck back some coffee and start my day. We have the Dropkick Murphey's concert tonight in Ottawa. Yay. I know, I'm not very 'punk'. But my alleged husband loves this band, and it's a fun date. And THIS time I am dressing a little bit 'punk' (plaid pants, whoooEEE), so I don't stick out like a sore thumb. Not like the time I went to a punk concert dressed like a schoolteacher from Little House on the Prairie. All the people with the piercings and the mohawks and all that looked at me like I was a freak.

Go visit my new tenant.

6 Comments:

Blogger aj said...

Well I would LOVE to hear him speak in a British accent. Why? Because this is something I do fairly often. I don't know why. I just realy enjoy it.

That is, of course, assuming you really have a husband. ;)

So glad to hear the new job is going well! Have you spied any good yarn yet?

Oh, and I like your idea of a boy named Ryan because it's an anagram of Yarn. What's wrong with that??

Awesome.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

What a husband? and a husband that cooks? Where can I find one?

Just kidding, I have one of those too. It's great when you get some time outta the kitchen!!

Glad the job is going well.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I love the RYAN thing!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Blazer1234 said...

Oh, that would have been so funny if your hubby would have used an English accent. It makes me giggle just thinking about it.

Do we get to see a picture of you punked out for the concert?

10:30 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I love it when my hubby cooks. He is really good at it and food tastes much better when someone else makes it!! Hope you enjoyed the concert!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

They thought you were a freak? Well, isn't that ironic! Have a great time at the concert!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home