Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Today is dentist day. I hate dentists. Not the pain part. I can handle that. I've had kids. It's just them. They're jerks. Always lecturing me about my teeth. I have bad teeth. I know. I get it. I'm 30. Talk to me like I am 30, please. And yes, I AM missing a ton of teeth. Talk to the jerky dentist I had when I was a kid. (And that doesn't mean big hillbilly gaps, just that I have less teeth in my mouth than a normal adult. No gaps.)And yes, I KNOW that fillings are not supposed to fall out when I floss. Talk to the idiot dentist I had five years ago.

Whatever. I hate them. This one seems nice so far, but I don't trust him. Sorry dentists, but you didn't really expect everyone to like you, did you?

I seem to be ranting a lot lately, don't I? Hmmm. I'm sure I'll be in a much better mood later. After the dentist. Ya.

4 Comments:

Blogger Blazer1234 said...

oh, I had dentist day yesterday too. I HATE the dentist. The lady cleaning my teeth was NOT gentle whatsoever...my mouth hurt all day yesterday. I thought she was going to pull out some of my teeth she was so rough. She told me, "You have a lot of tarter build up." Ummm...isn't that WHY I come here every six months???? So you can scrape it off like you're chisling away at a damn piece of granite?
Then she didn't give me a new toothbrush. Isn't that the only perk to the dentist? That's suppose to make it all ok at the end, right? Well, I didn't get mine. Dh got his, I didn't get mine. I hate dentists.

I hope you get your new toothbrush at the end of the visit. And I hope the dentist is nice to you.

9:38 a.m.  
Anonymous Valbee said...

I *finally* found one I like. The last guy seemed to take advantage of the fact that I have fantastic dental insurance and the kids always seemed to need something outrageously expensive. The guy that I had before the kids had bad breath? WTF? Did he not practice what he preached??

But this practice is great. I actually look forward to my visits and that's a huge thing. I get the same hygenist all the time, too, and she's well aware of my fear. Because, yes... I am a dental chicken. My first visit there? They gave me a flower. They also introduced me to laughing gas, which my last dentist refused to use and that makes a HUGE difference for me.

Good luck today!

11:39 a.m.  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh I'm with you on the dentist thing. Every time an appointment comes up, I'm stressed for at least 2 months about the floss lecture. Sheesh! Do they have to give it to you while they loom over you with a mask over their face and a bright light in your eyes. It's a nightmare. I always tell them not to worry, my GYN is disappointed that I don't examine my breasts regularly either. And I wish they's stop bugging me about my gums too. I'm 46. Haven't they ever heard the expression "long of tooth". Cripes!

6:54 p.m.  
Blogger utenzi said...

I had teeth like that when I was a kid, Tara. As a result, when I was in a bad accident when I was 19 and lost 9 teeth in front--I just told the dentist to pull the other 25 instead of making a bridge for the missing front teeth. Sure was an unpleasant time tho. I had bone chips coming out for months!

7:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home