Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Wallet Sized Hell


What evil, torturous person thought up the idea of 'picture day' at school? It's not even relevant anymore! We all have a camera now! And photoshop, in case we suck at photography! And we don't need to pay eleventy hundred dollars for a package that includes mostly miniature wallet size pictures that nobody wants but accepts anyway to be nice, and one HUGE picture that nobody in creation has a frame large enough for. We have COMPUTERS now. And printers. And WALMART. Just charge me 10 bucks for one picture and I will handle the sizing and copying. Do you think these photographers (and every single one of them is some middle aged guy that either hates kids or thinks kids love him when they really think he's a dolt) have ever had to get a 4 year old ready for picture day? Does he care? Does he care that Granny will yell at me if I don't get the school pictures done? Does he care that there have been no less than a billion divorces in my family and my alleged husband's family, and that we will be needing at least a billion five by seven photos so as not to make anyone think that someone else is liked more? No. NO! So he can take his eleven by thirteen and all his gajillion wallet size photos and stuff them up his creepy, middle aged ...um.....NOSE!

So...uh...ya. Today is picture day. Fun.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Valbee said...

Ugh. I do not envy you. And it gets even worse when they're seniors in high school, at least here in the US. I refused to buy any of the packages because they all came with stuff I didn't want. And then there's all the crap they try to sell you that aren't photos: senior memory books, commemorative announcement frames, clothing that says the year they graduated... yeah, my sons wanted to go off to college announcing to the world they were freshmen. Riiiight.

10:07 a.m.  
Blogger aj said...

I TOTALLY understand. Picture Day is a complete pain in the ass.

But I do like that picture you posted. You should give THAT one to your friends and loved ones. ;)

10:29 a.m.  
Blogger Christy said...

I feel your pain Tara! My daughters picture day is Thursday, I'm not looking forward to it!!

10:33 a.m.  
Blogger sleepycat said...

I thought I would get to avoid this particular circle of hell for a while at least, but no, ChaosGirl's DAYCARE does picture day. Twice a year nonetheless! It's bad enough to wrangle her to a portrait studio at the mall a couple of times a year for decent pictures.

11:48 a.m.  
Blogger Blazer1234 said...

Yea, I can't really see the purpose in those. They always turn out so corny anyway. And you know they are doing the same things you do at home (printing, digital)...they are just charging you more because they can.

12:19 p.m.  
Blogger utenzi said...

What a cute kid, Tara. Admittedly not an ideal picture though.

I hadn't really thought about it since I don't have kids, but you're quite right. There really is no point to those school pictures anymore though I guess the HS yearbook does need a consistant looking picture for their headshots.

12:44 p.m.  
Blogger karen said...

What I hate is that they make you pay for them before you even see them!!! I paid $34 for one set this year and only 1 5x7 came with it. Crazy.
But, I tell ya, if you don't get them your kids will never forgive you in years to come.
Your daughter is adorable!

3:25 p.m.  
Blogger Darlene said...

LOL....well said.

7:21 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

I just went through picture day. But, I am awful I am keeping the 5x7 (the ONE) and they can fight over whats left:P

9:40 p.m.  
Blogger Sue said...

Ack! Picture Day! No matter how the kids looked leaving the house, they always looked disheveled in the photo. I just don't care about those pics anymore and let the kids go to school in whatever state they want. My son has 2 pictures from elementary school and 2 from middle school where he's even wearing the same shirt! Who cares? Like you said, there's digital photography and photoshop.

7:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home