Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Week!

Wow. WOW. What a week.

Wednesday was the Dropkick Murphey's concert. And it was fun. I mean it. I had FUN at a punk concert. I was totally the only one there wearing plaid pants (what the hell????) and I was by FAR the oldest female. But we were right up front. I mean RIGHT up front. The crowd surfers were tossed right over my head. And at the end, during the last song when they invite girls from the audience to go up and dance, I did. Yup. Me. Tara the mom. Tara the crocheter. Tara the Dollarama employee. Up on stage, dancing at a punk concert. And by dancing, I mean running into somebody else. Did you ever see that episode of Quincy where he speaks out against the evils of slam dancing and the hate that is inspired by the punk music? Ya. It was just like that.

Cool, eh?

AND...remember on the show Friends when they had 'lists'. You know. A list of names of famous people that you can cheat on your signifigant other other with and it would be OK. I have pretty short list. But after the concert, I added one more. The lead singer from the band, Al Barr. Yummy. YUUUUMMMMMY. I've never noticed before, because I only saw him on album covers and from far, far away at the Boston concert. But up close to the stage ..... YUUUUMMMMY. It's like he was singing to me. Sigh. Ya. He's totally on my list.




Thursday I worked all day, at the Dollarama, getting more praise heaped upon me for my superier dollar store skills. It's a little like a Harvard grad going to high school and looking like a genius, but whatever. It's fun.

Friday was the Support the Troops Red Rally on Parliament Hill in Ottawa. WOW. It was amazing. It was inspiring. I wasn't expecting the Prime Minister to show up and speak, but he did. And I LOVED it.


I have a little confession. I have a little crush on our Prime Minister. I know, he's not exactly a hottie. It's a power thing. Whatever. I'd totally be a PM groupie. So, ya'll can imagine how I reacted when he surprised us all and walked out on stage. Some people scream over Justin Timberlakes of the world... politicians are my rock stars.

I believe I yelled ' I love you Stevie' at one point.

So, I have seen, in person and relatively up close, two different men from my list this week. If I can manage to see Colin Ferril in person sometime before midnight tonight, this may be my best week ever!


8 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

AWESOME!!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Blazer1234 said...

Wow, what a week! I still want to see a pic of you in your plaid pants. Hehe. And crushes on PM's...hmmm...I think you need to have that one analyzed. ;)

1:01 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Okay, is it one of those places that everything is $1.00 and someone actually comes up to you and asks..."how much is this". Hey, any good yarn there? Our Dollar Tree has some great buys every once in awhile.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Wow what a week!!! I hope this one is just as good for ya!!

1:18 PM  
Blogger SheCrochets said...

Woo Hoo! You rock!! I would never in a hundred billion years get up on stage and dance. Good for you!

And my list? Andy Roddick, J. Depp, Zach Braff, and Jimmy Fallon. I know. I have weird taste!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous L-A said...

Don't worry about being too "old" to see the Dropkick Murphys. I love them & I'm 40 years old. I felt the same way when I went to see Green Day!

11:23 AM  
Blogger .:Cris:. said...

Glad you had a good time, seems like mom-people don't have enough of those!

Cris~

2:26 PM  
Blogger aj said...

Wow he is HOT.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home