Monday, October 02, 2006

Ramblings

My thoughts are rather jumbled at the moment. Due to my cold. Or the cold medication. Or both. Whatever. Let's do this post in point form, shall we?

~ I HAVE been crocheting. There is even a pattern forthcoming. But, I need to find the charger for the camera batteries. I think it's hiding. Either that, or my office is just a big mess and I can barely find my own self in here, but I'm pretty sure it's just hiding. That little rascal.

~ I got my advance payment for my previously alluded to publication that's coming out in March. Yay. Now I can afford to have my septic tank drained. Woohoo! Fun times. Fun times, indeed.

~You know what I really hate? When I get a cup of coffee and there is lipstick on my coffee cup.

~You know what's worse? When the cup came out of my own cupboard.

~My dad is getting out of the tanning salon business. Didn't I tell ya'll he owned a tanning salon? Huh, well, he does. At least for a few weeks. He used to own an oil change shop. Sold that, too. Now, he wants to buy a kayak and canoe store. Not that I don't think that would be cool. And I would be in charge of the website, which would rock. But the guy is almost 60 . He flew helicopters for 25 years. He's worked harder since he retired. Dude. Take a break, already.

~I think I need gel insoles for my new shoes.

~Dollarama is still fun. But I am working a TON more than originally planned. That's not bad, just a bit of a shock. I was only supposed to get a few hours a week, to work around my alleged husband's and non-alleged kids' schedules. Unfortunately for my boss (but not for me), he has to keep firing people. They're dropping like flies! And everytime someone gets canned, I get extra shifts added to my schedule. And my alleged husband and kids can work around ME once in a while. Ha.

~A friend of mine had a great idea. She thinks we should start an agency for part time husbands for military wives. You know, somebody to hang out at your house and open jars and kill spiders and reach for things up high and ask where things are that are right in front of their face, for heaven sakes.....Etc. No, not the OTHER husband stuff. Perverts. Just the basic husband things that you may be without for a few months at time. The only problem is......finding the part time husbands. Because they would have to be better looking than our own real husbands. And if your man is army already, that's pretty hard to beat. And they would need a uniform, too, because if he's been gone a while, you'll miss the uniform. And good looking guys in uniforms don't come cheap, my friends. Unless.......what if I offered beer? I wonder.....

~ My house and yard look GORGEOUS right now. All the vines on my house have changed to fall colors. If I can ever find that damn battery charger, I'll show ya'll. But trust me, it's very pretty.

~I really can't think of anything else right now. I took some daytime cold stuff, but I think it may be having an opposite effect. Or reacting badly to the pot o'coffee. I am getting a little befuddled. I think I may go back to bed. Four year olds can take care of themselves without incident, right?

6 Comments:

Blogger noricum said...

Perhaps some of the single soldiers would be interested in doing those duties in exchange for home-cooked meals? (Those that aren't out on a tour of duty, of course.)

12:52 PM  
Blogger .:Cris:. said...

Tara will be gellin' if she remembers her insoles...

... lipstick on the cup sucks, be glad it was your own cup.

... and I hope you feel better soon!

Cris~
... sends her 4 for just 16 more days brat over to help entertain your 4y old for awhile...

3:43 PM  
Blogger Vik said...

I hope you get well soon! ;)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

So, for those of us that are new here, what publication do you have?

7:51 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Aha. That's still a secret, lol. But if you do a google search for corny corn cob plastic bag holders, you might get a clue. Wink, wink.

7:54 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Male = pervert (at least the female definition of pervert) so I'm afraid you already know what I'm thinking, Tara. Part time job, you say? Count me in. :-)

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home