Monday, October 16, 2006

Walmart won. This is approximately what it sounded like.

Mom, can I push the cart?
No.
Can I sit in the cart?
No.
Ok. Mommy, can I go to the toys section?
No.
I'll be good.
No.
Is that stuff for making stairs smell nice?
What?
That stuff.
What stuff?
The powder stuff.
The carpet fresh?
Ya.
No, it's for all carpets, not just stair carpets.
Oh. Can we get some?
Yes.
Yay. Does that smell like lavendar?
No.
Oh. Does THAT smell like lavendar?
Yes.
Can I smell?
No.
Can I take the lid off and smell it?
No.
Can we get some little plates that look like animals?
No.
How about spoons?
No.
Is that a blanket?
Does it look like a blanket?
Yes.
Then it's a blanket.
Can I have a Strawberry Shortcake pillow?
No.
How about Spongebob?
No.
Will you make me a pillow with yarn?
No....maybe.
Can I have some yarn?
What for?
To play with the cat.
No.
Can I look in the toy section?
No.
Can YOU look in the toy section?
No.
Are we getting cookies?
No.
Lucky Charms?
No.
Chips?
NO.
Can I get some scissors?
NO!
Are we paying now?
Yes.
Can I have that flashlight?
No.
Can I push the button?
No.
What about THAT button?
NOOOOO.
Mommy, can I have some Smarties?
Have I said yes to ANYTHING yet?
Yes.
What?
The stair freshener.
Oh. No Smarties.
Can I have....
HEY!
Ya?
No to the next 10 things, ok.
Ok. ...If I ask for 10 more things, then can I have some gum?
NO.
Can I drive?
Yes.
Really?!
No.

I should have stayed home and cleaned.

11 Comments:

Blogger OneCraftySAHM said...

This is why I leave mine with my dear mother, LOL! Love your blog btw, great stuff!

6:11 p.m.  
Blogger aj said...

OMG I have had VERY similar conversations with my two...

7:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Lorraine said...

Too funny! Reminds me of being out with my friend and her two. How do they not get tired of these exchanges?! It boggles the mind. I give you motherly types lots o' credit.

BTW, you were mentioned on my blog today. If you have time after all these philosphical discussions with your kids to go read it.

8:53 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

LMAO!!!....*gasp-gasp* sounds familar.....lolololololololololol

9:51 p.m.  
Blogger utenzi said...

I really like going to Wal-mart--but I don't have any kids with me. Maybe that makes a difference, Tara. Maybe. :-)

10:05 p.m.  
Blogger Blazer1234 said...

LOL. That is too funny! Maybe that was your sign that you should have stayed home and cleaned!

10:09 p.m.  
Blogger Vanessa said...

hahahahaha!!
Thats what it sounds like when I take my baby cousin shopping with me. I love it.

11:43 p.m.  
Blogger .:Cris:. said...

(GASP!) Housework over Wally World?!? Surely you jest, Tara. Next time just tie her up in the basement or something. Then you'll have to worry she's made an alliance with the spiders...

7:24 a.m.  
Blogger Sue said...

All this sounds hauntingly familiar! LOL!

11:40 a.m.  
Blogger Pikaboo said...

Now I know what I have to look forward to in a couple years.

12:53 p.m.  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

LOL! The sad thing is it doesn't get much better when they become teenagers.

3:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home