Friday, November 10, 2006

NaBloPoMo Post 10 ~ TATTOO DAY!

YAY! Today is the day I get all tattooed up like a drunken sailer! Yay!

I will add more to this post later about my tattoo experience. I'm mostly concerned right now about sitting still long enough. You know, what with the broken ass, and all. Wish me luck!

AFTER TATTOO:

Ha! I'm tattooed! Like a trashy bar mom! Right on! WHOOOO!

It looks great. But, it's not done. It seems my skin does not like to hold the ink all that well. My tattooer is very good and has a worldwide reputation, but even he was having some issues with the way my skin was reacting. Thank Folgers it wasn't a more complicated tattoo. Or a bigger one. Because it also seems that I am a 'bleeder'. Like a stuck pig. So, I will have to go and get touch-ups done in a month or so.

It TOTALLY didn't hurt, either. Aren't tattoos supposed to hurt? Even a bit? Because mine didn't. Not even a teensy, tiny bit. My alleged husband says I shouldn't say that, because he says that for most people it DOES hurt, and I shouldn't go around 'bragging.' WhatEVER. He's just saying that because it hurts when HE gets one. Ha.

So, here's the initial photo. It's a bad picture. Taken over the shoulder in some bad lighting (it's on my left shoulder, just on the outside of my bra strap) And the bandage is still on, so it looks fuzzy. I'll try to get some better shots of it tomorrow.



So. That's it. I guess I'm a whole other person now. A trashy one. And I LOVE it!


10 Comments:

Anonymous OneCraftySAHM said...

Good Luck! It's really not that bad! You wouldn't know it by looking at me but I actually have seven. Ridiculous I know but I couldn't stop myself I guess, lol!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

Tattoo? Will there be a picture?

Cas

12:08 PM  
Blogger Welcome to My Life said...

Yay! I'm jealous. Someday I will have the balls to go get at tattoo of my own. Have fun!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

maybe you should get a tattoo of a bandaid on your behind!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Chickity China said...

Ouch! Good luck!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I agree, it's not that bad at all, and I got mine right on my spine, which is supposed to be a very sensitive area. I've honestly had much worse pain (migraines, cramps, sunburns, paper cuts...) Come on, if men get them you KNOW they can't be too hard to bear ;)

11:00 PM  
Blogger Cristy said...

(Stumbled in on the randomizer)

Is that red ink? That might well be the problem with your body's reaction to your tattoo. Most red pigments contain metals and like to react on those with sensitive skin.

4:04 AM  
Anonymous krisR said...

Go on girl! I love my trashy bar mom tatoo too. I didn't think it hurt either, but then again neither do mammograms in my opinion, lol. Work it!

6:52 AM  
Blogger naomi said...

Oh, congrats !
My one and only tattoo experience told me the tattooing itself didn't really hurt, it was the healing that hurt and was itchy. But years later (around 15) it still looks good and I'm glad I had it done.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

This will not be your last one. They are addictive. I have four of them, and intend to get more. I like yours a lot!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home