Tuesday, November 14, 2006

NaBloPoMo Post 14

Good morning! This message comes to ya'll from my office chair. Yup. I'm sitting in it. With a couch throw rolled up to resemble a large doughnut. It's not working terribly well. Will I get back OUT of this chair?

I really don't know.

My weekend was nice. For once. I worked on Saturday, but then we had the Dollar Store Christmas party. Which, quite frankly, I found sadly lacking in cheap Christmas decorations. I mean, really. It's not like they didn't know where to get some. But, it wasn't all that bad. I don't think.

Then again, I haven't had a date with my alleged husband since that wedding last summer in which I almost killed myself trying to dance like Shakira.

So, I suppose in relative terms, watching 20 or so of my coworkers get drunk and dance the Macarena (which we sell a how-to video for at the store......for a dollar) WOULD be fun. For me. The loser that never goes out.

The rest of you would run away screaming, I am sure.

I DID win a prize, but that's a given. I ALWAYS win a prize at these things. ALWAYS. It's an odd gift I have. This time I even knew which prize it would be. I saw it on the prize table, speaking to me. All wrapped up. And round. Alleged husband thought it was a wheel a cheese. I thought it would be cute little Christmas dessert plates. Guess who was right?

I sure wish I could use this power on lottery tickets.

Then, I had a day off. No...wait. I had TWO days off. In a ROW. Crazy, yes? But, that's all over today. I must work. The Christmas season has officially begun. I must immerse myself in hundreds and hundreds of little plastic gold bells, garlands of ugly tinsel, gift bags, holiday socks and those stupid IDIOTIC CARDS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO SING WHEN YOU OPEN THEM BUT ONLY COST A DOLLAR SO YOU KNOW THEY WILL KEEP SINGING EVEN WHEN THEY ARE CLOSED AND SITTING ON THE SHELF SO ALL WE HEAR IS THAT STUPID TINNY-SOUNDING JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS JINGLE ALL THE WAY ALL DAMN DAY LONG AND WE CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHICH DAMN CARD IS SIGNING!

Good times, good times.

I am now attempting to publish this and get out of my office chair. If the post ends at this paragraph, you will know I have managed to rise up out of my chair, in spite of my broken ass, and then you may applaud for me. If I keep typing, you will know I have failed miserably.

2 Comments:

Anonymous cassie-b said...

Congratulations on the prize! I almost never win anything, but I did win a digital camera last week. That was worth waiting for.

Hope you're feeling better.
Cas

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Valbee said...

*applauding that Tara made it out of her chair*

Ahh... working retail over the holidays.... brings back memories from when I spent three years working for Kmart. The people weren't so bad (there are always exceptions, though) but the damn Christmas music, over and over and over again almost made me suicidal. To this day, I cannot stand to listen to "Blue Christmas" by Elvis Presley or "Jingle Bells" by (I think) Barbra Streisand. Not that I could stand it then, either.

Hope you're able to sit down without pain soon!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home