Thursday, November 16, 2006

NaBloPoMo Post 16

I got called into work last night. Again. I am starting to think this is just an evil plot to make me miss all of my favorite shows. Thank Folgers LOST wasn't on.

Unfortunately, MEDIUM was. I saw the first half of the two hour special. I was really only killing time before CSI:NY was on. And BOY did that kill my time. And maybe a few brain cells with it.


I liked MEDIUM when it first aired. I liked the concept, anyway. I have issues with how bratty and snotty her kids are (which they never get in trouble for) and how she treats her husband. Maybe they should have an episode where they go see Dr. Phil. Whatever. Those are the least of my issues with that show.

Ok, here's my problem. It's about a psychic. Right? I mean, she's supposed to know what's going on, right? And the district attorney. He hired her because she's a pyschic, right? So, he believes her, doesn't he? So, why is it that everytime she has a dream and discovers something, nobody believes her?

Why, when somebody is about to be killed and she dreams about it, does she cry and make that awful teeth-baring face and whine that she doesn't know anything. What? You just had a dream showing you who, where and with what.

And why, when she calls up the DA or the cop and says she knows that so-and-so got murdered on the dirt road behind the drive-in, or whatever, do they then say "How do you know?" WHAT? Have they not been paying attention?????

The first season was for working out all the doubts and other issues. Just accept it, people. Or at least ACT like you do. You know. ACTING. I believe that is supposed to be a part of your job description. I'm not quite ready to host a meeting of the I Hate Allison Dubois Club....but it's not that far off.

By the way....did you know Allison Dubois is the name of a real-life psychic? The character is supposed to be based on her. Do you think she knew that Patricia Arquette would butcher her character? You know, what with being a pyschic and all.

I hope LOST is back on next week. Or I have to work again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Oh I hate to tell you this, but I will. Lost wont be back on til I think it is Feb.... At least that is what I think it said last week at the end of the show.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

My biggest problem is that in almost every scene, whether she is at work, yelling at her kids, or actually happy, she had that same confused, mildly constipated look on her face. In every scene. Like life itself is baffling her and she cant figure out how to turn off the coffee maker.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

I had to stop watching Medium cause I couldn't stand how unappreciative she was of her husband. He is so good to her and she is always abusing him. The kids - she seems to have little interest in them and treats them like a pet not like people she gave birth to!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

With the dreams she has, I don't know why the woman isn't in serious therapy! The kid thing is annoying for sure. And where did she get that husband? My DH is an engineer and I can tell you, engineers don't act like that. Ever.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home