Sunday, November 19, 2006

NaBloPoMo Post 19 ~ Warning: This post contains a recipe

Last night was my "birthday" dinner. Terriyaki chicken nachos. That I had to rush home and make myself. But, they are very easy to make. Here is my very super simple if-Tara-can-do-it-anyone-can recipe:

You need:
1 lb of bonless skinless chicken breast
Tostitos, Restaurant style nacho chips
Cheddar cheese shredded
a tomato diced
a red onion finely diced
VH Terriyaki sauce
sour cream and/or salsa (I only use the sour cream, personally)

Ok......so, chop the chicken up into little itty bitty cubes. I usually half freeze the chicken first, so it's easier to cut. Then, cook 'em up in a frying pan with a splotch of cooking oil (about med high heat). Just when you don't see the pink anymore, put about a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of the terriayki sauce into the pan. Depends on how teri you like your yaki. Keep cooking until most of the sauce has been carmelized to the chicken.

On a baking sheet covered in tin foil, place a handfull or two of chips. Then some tomatos, onions and cheese. A few more chips. Then more stuff. Then dump the rest of the bag on there. Sprinkle the cooked chicken on top. Finish with whatever garnishes you have left, ending in cheese. LOTS of cheese.

Bake at 350 until cheese is melted, then broil until it starts bubbling. Watch closely because the nachos can burn.

Ta da. That's it. Go eat them now. They are sooooooooooooooooooo good. But, don't be like me and eat too many. Oh, ok. Go ahead. Eat too many.

3 Comments:

Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Those sound very good! I will have to try them some time soon.

11:08 PM  
Blogger .:Cris:. said...

Happy Birthday Tara!

Cris~

7:41 AM  
Blogger Sephyroth said...

Just thought I'd say hi as I'm trying to visit and comment on as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can. :)

That recipe sounds really good ;)

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home