Thursday, November 02, 2006

NaBloPoMo Post 2

Well....since Lorraine decided to rub in the fact that she cannot participate in NaBloPoMo due to an upcoming visit to Disneyworld, I'm SURE not knowing that Disneyland is my favoritest place on the whole entire planet....no, the UNIVERSE, and that I have a poster of Walt on my office wall.....well, I have decided to show a wonderful and nostalgic photo of me (and my sisters, the hangers-on) in Disneyland.

I think it was 1982 or 1983. Somewhere around there. The 80's were really all a blur of hot pink clothes, jelly bracelets and bad moustaches.


I'm the one in the middle with the Mickey Mouse ears. NOT the Minnie ears. Did I ever tell ya'll how my dad wanted a boy? But got three girls all in one shot instead? And that my mom then had her tubes tied? So I grew up learning how to change the oil on vintage Corvettes and wearing Mickey Mouse hats while my sisters could flit off and be girls? No. Oh. Well, it happened. No bitterness, though.

I WAS the only one of us three that was allowed to drive the '61 'Vette later on. Because I had worked on it with him. Ha ha. Suckers. Hope your Pink hats were enough to console you.

9 Comments:

Blogger ladylinoleum said...

Awwwww! Look at how dang cute you were!

Hey, I live about an hour away from the happiest place on earth. I don't have a pic of Walt on my wall though. However, I love it even though it costs a bazillion dollars for tix, food, crap...

5:25 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Another cute Halloween pic! Gee, I wish my mom had been as crazy about Halloween pics as she was for birthday "cake shots" and "still life with X-mas tree". Love the costumes! You and you sisters look great.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I came from a family of all girls too. We all learned how to mow the lawn and change the oil in the car.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I was my grandpa's "baby" and by the time I came along he'd had 3 daughters and 3 grand daughters. Once I was old enough I was helping him to change oil, fix stuff, even PAINT cars (he was an auto painter). Beofre he passed he'd started restoring my great grandfathers 1959 Chevy Biscayne - it's now mine to finish.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Vik said...

What a wonderful picture! I know that story, of a father waiting for the boy, and instead all babies girls were born! ;)

8:18 AM  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

Triplets? Or did I read that wrong?

9:22 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Yup. Triplets. I told you I couldn't shake them, lol.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

LOL!!! Love the socks and long sweatshirts... Corvette huh?? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!!

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Lorraine said...

I wasn't tryin' to start nuthin'. I was just sayin'. If it's any consolation, I'll miss you while I'm gone. :)

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home