Monday, November 27, 2006

NaBloPoMo Post 27 ~ The Big Whine

Sigh.

I had a really great rant. It's been rattling around in my head for days, just waiting for a few moments of peace and quiet when I could sit and type.

But, a new rant has come up. Well, maybe not new. I believe it's similar to the rant of every mother since the beginning of time.

I cleaned last week, on Wednesday. I still worked that night, but I spent the morning cleaning. I mean REALLY cleaning. All the nooks and crannies kind of thing. The house looked so clean and organized and pretty. It even smelled pretty.

And then I worked the rest of the week. It was somewhat maintained. At least on the surface. And mostly because I yelled at them all to keep my house clean on the way out the door each day. Saturday I worked all day, but they all went out of town for the day. How bad could they mess it? Then we ALL went out of town all day yesterday. How could ANYONE mess it?

The kitchen counter, coffee table and dining room table are covered in crap. Nobody even bothered to run the full dishwasher. I didn't even have a damn spoon to stir my damn coffee this morning!

It's not just a big cleaning job anymore. The entire house needs to be reorganized. The last time I saw this much mess in the house, we were renovating the kitchen.

I don't know what to do anymore. Do I leave it, and wallow in the mess with them? Do I yell at them all to clean it while I sit and eat Toffifee? Do I just clean it myself?

I can't clean it myself. There is a giant TV sitting in the middle of the living room floor. A circular saw in a large wooden box in the middle of the kitchen. I can't lift those.

I'm just so exhausted. Little Brat has been sick. My ass is still broken. My house is constantly torn apart, no matter what I do. I'm working lots of hours, and at this point I would much rather live at the dollar store than this pigsty.

Sigh.

Please ignore the above rant. It's whiney and pathetic. I just need more coffee. And a large, muscled, sweaty male model to help me lift things. Any volunteers?

I will return to my regularly scheduled rant as soon as possible.

9 Comments:

Blogger Walker369 said...

Don't feel like it's a whiney rant and truly believe that it is the rant of any mother. I despise the fact that even after I clean the toilet to the point of fresh smelling, one of my boys comes along and misses AGAIN! I always announce after cleaning that I would appreciate some help keeping it that way and have never succeeded. If you find a way, tell me!

P.S. I'm sorry if this shows up twice, I'm having blogger problems.

4:27 p.m.  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

It's discouraging when you work hard to clean, and then, while your back is turned, others negate all your efforts.

Rant away.

Cas

5:57 p.m.  
Anonymous Valbee said...

I feel your pain and I don't even have kids at home anymore. It's the boyfriend. I've developed a hatred for flat surfaces in all rooms. They are a magnet for his stuff. And we all know, stuff breeds more stuff.

Grrrr....

8:46 p.m.  
Blogger Blazer1234 said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! It seems like whenver we are not home so much, the house turns into a TOTAL disaster! I always said my house would be clean if I didn't have anyone living in it. But then that would mean I would be all alone. So I put up with the mess.

10:04 p.m.  
Blogger Sue said...

Oo! Sounds like somebody's ready for a Junk Rampage! Getting good and mad is just the right mindset to clear out all the crap. I know, I've been there. *sigh*

11:56 a.m.  
Blogger Brandy said...

I have two teens and they make a bigger mess than those little kids do anyday. I hope everything gets back to normal for you soon! Hang in there!!

2:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed...your kitchen is very pretty! BTW, that's what you call a mess? You're doing great if you can actually see your counter...there's still lots of space there which means it's clean.

3:46 p.m.  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

I hear ya on that one. It is amazing what a mess people can make when you aren't even home.

Check out my blog. You have been tagged.

5:26 p.m.  
Blogger Gina said...

*cries* with you...hug

9:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home