Monday, November 06, 2006

NaBloPoMo Post 6 ~ The Swarming Effect

I know I bitch and moan about my sisters. And not without reason, let me tell ya. They've been a pain in my ass since the moment I was conceived. Literally. I had the basement apartment of the womb. But, there was one benefit to having been born with a couple of built-in henchmen.

The swarming effect.



Observe the photo above, with the three of us swarming poor Tigger, while those other girls desperately try to get our spots. Suckers. There's no way in.

This was not an uncommon occurrence in our childhood. While we often fought with each other like soccer hooligans, we also stuck to each other like glue when trouble was afoot, or if there was a goal in mind.

Like when we wanted a dog. We had the same speech every kid gets. "It's a lot of work. He would need to be walked. And fed. And who's going to do all that? You guys? No, It will be me, Mom, that has to do it. You are NOT responsible enough. What do you know about dogs, anyway?" So we spent 3 days at the library, studying every book we could find about dogs and dog care. We worked so hard, they broke down and got us a dog, Goldie.


We spent the next 12 years fighting over him.

Also...we have yet, to this day almost 31 years later, ratted each other out over anything. In fact, if one of us were about to get in trouble for something, and there was no way to lie her way out of it, the other 2 would jump in and admit to it. So, with three of us admitting something that only one of us could have done, my poor mother would throw up her arms and walk away muttering something about adoption agencies.

Another time when Sister2 and Sister3 were fighting...again...and Sister3's anger was somehow transferred to me, and I locked myself in my room so she couldn't hurt me ( I was the wussy of the trio), and she went outside with my shoe and threw it at my window and broke it, (Don't be alarmed. This was normal in my house when parents were not around.) without even discussing it beforehand, all three of us told our dad that kids were throwing snowballs at our windows.

He spent YEARS cursing those damn kids. Ha.

In kindergarten, when we were about half the size of a normal kindergarten kid, and likely to be eaten for by bullies for lunch, we ganged up. If we were picked on, we swarmed. I would kick, Sister2 would punch, and Sister3 would bite. MAN could she bite. Soon, NOBODY picked on the triplets.

If we had been smarter back then, we probably could have made some protection money from the other kids. Ah. Good times. Good times.

So, yes, I bitch and moan. And I won't stop. But I know I have a posse out there, for when I need one. A plane ride away. After they find babysitters and someone to cover them at work.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Lorraine said...

That's what I always missed about not having siblings. Being an "only," I was always glad I missed all the fighting but also very sad that I never had the comraderie that I saw in people who had brothers and sisters.

9:27 a.m.  
Blogger Brandy said...

We werent triplets but my 2 younger sisters and I were like that. But we also had 6 other younger ones to protect too. We could do whatever to each other but let no one else try something...

9:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Valbee said...

JM and JL were the same way. Up until they were about 9, they were pretty good pals. Then they started going their own ways, finding their own friends. But any time somebody outside would mess with one of them, the other one was there in an instant. Last time JL was home, the two of them were making plans for JM to visit him at camp. It almost made me a cry a little. :) Because we went through some tough times and it's nice to see that if anything happens to me, they'll be there for each other.

12:18 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Even though I haven't commented until now, I have been reading everyday... or every other day. Your stories are sooo funny. The pictures are adorable.

My brother and I were close as kids. Known as Irish twins since we were only about a year apart. Years ago he married... damn wife. She hates me, and so my brother and I don't talk. Your making me miss him a bunch! :)

I loved the snowball story. It's something that we would have done as well. hehehe

12:43 p.m.  
Blogger Blazer1234 said...

That's so great you have all of those memories with your sisters. :) You three seem like a bunch of fun! I always wanted a sister close in age! Instead I hate a bratty brother!

9:17 p.m.  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

That is so cute. You all hogging Tigger to yourselves. I didn't know you were a triplet until this post.

10:02 p.m.  
Anonymous stacey said...

You three are adorable swarming around Tigger :)

That's fantastic the way you all banded together like that. My sister and brother are enough older than me that we weren't ever really close as kids, though once we were all grown up we got closer.

7:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home