Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Bit O' Wisdom and Other Tidbits

I know. I've been busy. Ya'll knew it was coming. And the only reason I have time now is because it's 5:02 am. And I've already been up long enough for a coffee. But, I still don't have a lot of time. Kids and school and work and all that. I was tagged a while ago, but I am still working on it. It's coming. For now, I will just share with you a few things I have learned this week.

~ Nobody has a sense of humor at 4:05 am. Nobody.

~ Christmas is apparently NOT the season to be jolly. According to many of my customers.

~ My new running shows are NOT waterproof in icy puddles.

~ Big Brat joined a knitting club at school. KNITTING. And then they asked for 2 bucks. So I sent it, and asked her later what it was for. For some of the kids to get yarn and needles. YARN and NEEDLES. Why am I paying for other people's kids to get things that I have in abundance?

~ Little Brat is AMAZINGLY proficient at speaking french. It floors me. She's learned more in a few months of Jr Kindergarten than I learned in 8 years in school. And my alleged husband can ask her questions that I have NEVER heard, in all my years learning french in school, and she can answer them. Keeping in mind that nobody in our house speaks french at home. Heck, we can barely get by with english some days.

~ Broken ass bones take a long time to heal.

~ And, most importantly, and I hope ya'll use this little tip whenever you can.....when in doubt, write a limerick.

9 Comments:

Blogger SheCrochets said...

Isn't it amazing how many people are NOT jolly around the holidays? All wrapped up in stress and to-do lists... I manage to stay jolly, but only by neglecting most of my "to-dos!"

8:46 AM  
Anonymous sleepycat said...

Completely unrelated to the post but I ran across this on YouTube and thought of you. No glitter though ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfv31RAEHSA

10:54 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

Good Lord, I hope you're sleeping. You must be exhausted!!

9:58 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Alleged husband? If you have doubts, Tara, you'd best clear them up. You think he's a pod person, a doppelganger? Be careful--I've seen stuff like this in movies and it never ends well. LOL

11:52 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

HOpe things are getting better for ya. It is almost over! Broken asses and I know for a fact broken ribs take a long time to heal! Rest when you can!!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

'Tis the season. I love to knit, and can't speak French. The only language that I know other than English is shorthand - is that a language? Oh, and I know quite a bit of American Sign Language.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

I was hoping you were going to share your limerick with us!

I love to knit. I also like to crochet. Just do different things with them.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Kuka said...

Aaargh I hate the not water-proofness of shoes!!!
But you do make me laugh!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Let me see if I got this right....at 4:05 am in the morning you fell on your "ass" while running and slipping in a puddle and now it's taking a long time to heal! Am I right???? Whadda I win?

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home