Thursday, January 11, 2007

So, Alleged Husband got himself a new MP3 player for his birthday. Which is great. For him, I mean. I listen to talk radio all day, so it would be a poor investment for me. But, he likes his music. And it has a built in stop watch and pedometer. I suppose in case he wants to time how long it takes to walk a few steps. Exciting.

The problem is, we don't know where from to get him music. Obviously from his exisiting cd's. We did that. But, the last time we downloaded music from the internet was back in 2001 and we used Napster. For all of our wedding music. Very handy. I have NO idea where people get thier tunes from anymore. It's not as if we want to steal it. We'd be happy paying a fair price per song. We just don't know where to go. And, considering we are on dial-up, it would need to be a fairly efficient kind of website.

So? Anyone? Where do ya'll snag your songs from?

11 Comments:

Blogger .:Cris:. said...

Good ol' walmart.com offers 99c downloads, and then there's iTunes.

(gasping!) You need an mp3 player that has an awesome display. I have my heart set on one. All my pictures are digital, so I can't share them without running down the battery on my camera (and looking at tiny pics) or lugging my laptop around. Creative Labs makes a great one with lots of memory AND it has a built in stereo. :)

Oh, and Happy Birthday to your fictitous other.

Cris~

9:01 AM  
Blogger aj said...

iTunes! It's so easy to use and the songs are only 99 cents (USD.)

You can also buy videos and movies, download podcasts (which might please your talk radio affection), and create new CDs. I started using it 3 years ago and never looked back.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Sorry...I can't help...I'm a radio person too! My son does Napster...that's about all I know...and probably all I want to know!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous sleepycat said...

On a dial up connection any downloads are going to be a pain. Before you start in I'd recommend going to someone else's house that has broadband.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

limewire.com :o)

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Jeanie said...

I use iTunes and Limewire. Prefer iTunes, it's just easier. Plus, the podcasts are just cool.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Nichole R. said...

I can't really help you there, as most of our music downloading toes the line of legality. What kind of crazy are you to still be having dial up?

3:02 PM  
Blogger Chels-Puddle Jumper said...

I download mine from iTunes.

I've never tried Wal-Mart, but have been tempted sometimes. Both of their prices are comparable.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

"Dial-up"? I'm confused, I thought dial-up had gone the way of the 8-track... You know, only remembered in the land of flashback shows like "I Love the 90's: Part 16".

12:51 AM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I am an iTunes user too. My parents are on dial-up and it seems to work ok for them.

1:34 AM  
Anonymous krisR said...

We use Itunes after doing the "free trial" at many other sites. We tried emusic, rhapsody and myipoddownloads.com, they all stank. Hope this helps and have a good time with it!

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home