Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Today, my friends, is freedom day. Today is the day that BOTH brats are in school. FINALLY. And that means that I have my mornings back. For crazy things like coffee and computer time. I've also introduced someone new to the morning routine. His name is Prairie Bran Toast and he is made of 100% whole grains. He's a little dry.....not much of a sense of humor. But, I'm told he's good for me. I'll give him a one loaf trial and see how he does.

The weekend was spent in Ottawa and a chunk of yesterday was spent with Little Brat at the doctor's. She has something in her foot. No idea what. It looks like it may have been there for a while, but she just started complaining now. They took x-rays. She was a little disappointed that the x-ray machine didn't have a little window like mom's digital camera, so she could see her foot bones. The machine didn't see anything inside her foot, either. Nobody really said what else we should do. So, uh, ya. I guess I'll have to take her to another doctor at some point. And see if something gets done. I shouldn't even be surprised anymore when I walk out of that office feeling like I've been tricked. That it's really NOT a doctor's office, just a bunch of people faking it. "You're, us, sick, eh? Right. Ok. Well, let's.....um. Penicillin! That's it. Penicillin will help with the bleeding. Er, I mean vomiting. Right.......Next customer, please!"

I was also, GASP (hold onto something solid) crocheting more this weekend. I have been doing more on the weekends since Christmas. It's nice. I even bought yarn yesterday. Some Bernat Softee Chunky. Or what ever the hell it's called. And some cotton yarn. I'm perfecting a new pattern freebie. It should be ready in a day or two. Excited? You should be. If you are sick and tired of all the knobs in your life.

Not very enigmatic, I know. I'm only up a half a coffee so far. I'll get more clever as the day continues.

I'll be heading to work later today. Anyone need anything from the Dollar Store? Chapstick? Toy dinosaur? Banana made of glass? 'My Pet Monster' Valentine's cards? He's a monster of a friend, ya know. No? Ok, then. Next time, yes?

4 Comments:

Blogger busyHSmom said...

Welcome back!

10:05 a.m.  
Blogger Sue said...

I hear you on the dr's office thing. Woe is me if I'm ever seriously ill!!

I look forward to seeing some crochet pics!

10:42 p.m.  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

I am good with the Dollar Store I went today and stocked up on glow sticks. My boys love them so we go through them a lot.

11:05 p.m.  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I know just what you mean about the doctor's, gives a whole new meaning to the term "practicing medicine" doesn't it??

8:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home